number five 209 block set the knives themselves are forged from high quality German steel and hardened to be about a 56 on the rock wall hardness scale I’ve got two small problems here one is the fact that these Japanese style knives are made with German rather than Japanese steel and two that they aren’t quite hard enough the relatively soft steel may have more trouble holding an edge especially if you want to achieve the 10 14 degree blade angle typical of most Japanese Cutlery but on the plus side these knives are very affordable coming in at under 400 for 17 pieces if you’re stocking a new kitchen or perhaps gifting someone a new knife set for an otherwise sparse kitchen this Falcon series set by 20 may just be the set for you
- 😄PRACTICAL KITCHEN PARTNER: Falcon knife set help you complete all the preparations in your kitchen. They can not only be used for cutting, slicing, chopping, dicing, and mincing, suitable for processing all ingredients including meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, bread, and cheese. A perfect set of cutlery for your daily cooking task.
- 😄EFFICIENT & CONVENIENT: All knives can be stored in wooden blocks, which not only saves space but also ensures that each knife is neatly in place. While preparing a delicious meal, you can directly use the knives you need.
- 😄COMFORTABLE HANDLE: The integrated forging between the handle and the blade ensures an ideal weight balance. The curve design from the handle to the tip follows the principle of lever cutting, which achieves the balance of swinging up and down and cutting back and forth. This ergonomic handle can effectively relieve hand fatigue.
- 😄RAZOR-SHARP EDGE: Forged German high-carbon stainless steel by exclusive technology to achieve high hardness of HRC56±2. Each blade is hand polished to achieve better sharpness and edge retention, suitable for cutting a variety of soft or hard foods. This kitchen knife set allows you to easily handle all kinds of ingredients.
- 😄UNIQUE GIFT CHOICE: The Falcon 17 pcs knife set includes all the necessary knives in the kitchen, which is an ideal gift for professional chef friends or family members who need to cook. Comes with an exquisite packaging box, making it more suitable for giving away on specific festivals, such as Halloween, Christmas or someone’s birthday.
number four find King Dynasty series four pieces kitchen knife set the fine King Dynasty series 4-Piece Knife Set is a beautiful little mid-range option for someone looking to dip their toes into the world of Japanese Cutlery I’m actually a big fan of these limited sets those with three to four knives because fewer knives keep the cost down and really save you from overdoing it with a bunch of Cutlery that you don’t actually use Keurig soup knives come in single and double bevel options and each is really a hybrid of two Japanese knives use of as used for vegetables and yanagibas traditionally used to prepare raw fish for sushi because the kiriti soup combines these two Styles it’s generally thought of as an all-purpose knife like the nakiri knife though carried soup Knives have a relatively flat belly making them less than ideal for rocking instead these knives should be used for push cutting and pull cutting the Keurig soup knife that comes in this set is double beveled which is good since single bevel carried suit knives are notoriously difficult to use in fact you’ll often only see Master Chefs using a single bevel Keurig soup given the skill needed to use them correctly a sign of prestige
- DYNASTY SERIES BLADE QUALITY - Findking’s dynasty series uses 9CR18MOV. A great steel for the everyday use of any chef. With an HRC of 60+/-2 it will take an angled edge and hold it for long enough to help extend the life of your knife (w/ general maintenance). The clad dimple allow for easy food release while slicing or dicing. This blade is great for vegetables, fruits, fish, and meats. Please refrain from cutting frozen products as this may detriment the knife's edge.
- DYNASTY SERIES HANDLE - is crafted from African rosewood, and is a great compliment to the beauty and comfort to the knife user. The stability of the handle allows the user full manipulation of the blade. This makes for effective use for precision, and endurance cuts. This handle makes mis en plas (food prep) FUN again
- WEIGHT/BALANCE- The balance point runs heel to spine up the billet. Allowing the user a comfortable grip with precise cuts, and less wear and tear on the users hands. The weight is towards the blade of the knife making for efficient use during rock chopping motion.
- DESIGN- Dynasty series chef knives are designed to show the beauty of eastern chef’s knives. While focusing on comfortability, and efficiency for the everyday chef.
- OUR PROMISE- Quality is a massive focus of Findking’s products. As a promise to our customers, price will not be affected by our strive for the highest quality in our products.
number three non-fawn Brothers knife set these knives are in fact the real deal each knife is made from a Japanese vg10 steel pore around which 67 layers of Steel form the beautiful Damascus pattern that decorates these knives the non-fong brothers knives are also quite hard right up there with Sean and balstrong with a 60 plus or minus two on the Rockwall hardness scale and while hardness often translates to brittleness you can rest assured that these knives are actually built quite tough each blade is housed with a Full Tang within an ergonomic non-slip handle made from ABS acrylonitrile butadiene styrene a thermoplastic polymer known for strength and durability and of course the knife handles are also triple riveted although I don’t love polymer handles I do like that these have an enlarged but for additional control and speaking of handles the shears are conveniently designed to be ambidextrous meaning they can be used comfortably by both righties and lefties and although I’ve said this before I’m just really impressed with all that’s included in this set the knives you’d normally expect are clearly here the chef’s knife a good paring knife and a utility knife but the fact that there are also multiple serrated knives a bread knife and a serrated utility knife is pretty cool and quite convenient
- ALL-IN-ONE COMPLETE SET - Professional Damascus Knives set includes 8”Chef Knife, 8”Slicing Knife, 8”Bread Knife, 7” Santoku Knife, 5.5”Utility Knife, 3.5”Paring Knife, Kitchen Shears, Knife Sharpener to stay sharp and Beechwood Block.
- QUALITY DESIGN - Knives are crafted with VG10 steel core 67 layers superior damascus steel blades for precision and accuracy. HRC 60±2 hardness for exceptional sharpness, edge retention. Curved design handle provides comfort and support.
- DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN - The integrated design of the blade and the shank is not easy to break, safe and durable. It ensures long lasting performance and easy to clean. You can save a lot of time on cleaning.
- EASY TO CARE & STORAGE - Wooden Block part is made of durable natural oak, and the hollow knife seat is easier to insert and remove, safe and sanitary. Use more assured!
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Every knife set is backed by superior quality and under strict quality inspection. Our aim is 100% satisfied customers. Return it anytime and get a full refund when you are not happy with our knife set.
number two Dow strong knife block set these knives are Precision forged from a single piece of house 10 volts Japanese steel and repeatedly heated and nitrogen cooled to increase strength and durability the steel comes in at a 62 Plus on the Rockwell hardness scale which is quite impressive and the steel needs to be super hard in order to maintain the 8 to 12 degree blade angle which is absurdly sharp to be fair such a steep angle makes it a bit tough for home Cooks to sharpen these knives themselves so I’d recommend taking this to a professional every nine months or so depending on use the only thing not included with this set is a honing Rod which I would seriously consider getting if you go with this set Japanese knives do not need to be sharpened often but they should be honed regularly if this is confusing or counter-intuitive see below for more detail on the difference between honing and sharpening it’s important each knife is wrapped in 67 layers of Premium high carbon stainless steel giving it that beautiful Damascus pattern and then hammered adding even more texture to the blade
- Culinary Perfection: Combining expert and handcrafted woodwork with outstanding and award-winning blade design, cutting-edge breakthrough technology, awe-inspiring design, and the absolute best materials available. Premium Acacia wood block and Japanese high-carbon AUS-10V super steel blades. Peak performance never looked so good to you or your wallet.
- Unrivalled Performance: Included Shogun Series X 8” Chef Knife, Shogun Series X 7" Santoku, Shogun Series X 6" Utility Knife, Shogun Series X 8" Bread Knife & Shogun Series X 3.75” Paring Knife. Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish at 8-12° per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance. Full tang for superb robustness and triple riveted for even more resilience.
- Dalstrong Power: Featuring ultra sharp AUS-10V Vacuum Heat Treated Japanese super steel cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness: extraordinary performance and edge retention. 67 layers of premium high-carbon stainless steel layers ensure exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance. Perfectly balanced. Dalstrong's stunning 'tsunami-rose' genuine Damascus layers.
- Engineered to Perfection: Ultra-premium G-10 handle is military grade with life-long durability. Hand polished, the ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior control, agility and comfort while the blade's spine is made smooth for a natural 'pinch grip’. Matching stainless steel Dalstrong plates on either side of the block further enhance this sets aesthetic and distinction. The Shogun Series X 5-piece Block Set handsomely keeps your most trusted and versatile knives proudly on display.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why chef's around the world trust and love, 'The Dalstrong Difference'. Dalstrong luxury packaging. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
number one shun classic six-piece slim knife block set is one of the best known and most respected Japanese knife brands out there and for good reason the name Sean is synonymous with quality and those of you who have read about my picks for best Chef’s knives soniku knives and nikiri knives know that shuns always rank high while this is an admittedly small set just three knives a honing rod and shears it’s one that concentrates on the most important knives in the kitchen the chef’s knife is obviously critical as is the sonicu paring knives are also very useful for smaller delicate tasks
- Set includes: 3.5-inch Paring Knife, 7-inch Santoku Knife, 8-inch Chef's Knife, 9-inch Combination Honing Steel, Shun Multi-purpose Kitchen Shears, 8-slot Slim Design Dark Wood Knife Block
- VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
- Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
- D-shaped PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan; hand wash with gentle dish soap and dry immediately