number 12 mison chef’s knife another solid all-around chef’s knife at a great value is the meson chef’s knife if you’re just getting comfortable with using a chef’s knife the 8-inch meson is lightweight and easy to maneuver which can be helpful for beginners it performed all of the cutting tasks with ease though we found that some ingredients like onion slices and chicken breast strips stuck to the knife as with the made in extra pressure needed to be applied to cut the sweet potato in half but it performed better on the basil chiffonade leaving minimal bruising it wipes clean after most cutting tasks though extra scrubbing was needed to erase the marks left from dicing the sweet potato the meson also comes with a card insert that provides helpful tips for holding the knife and care instructions to extend the life of your knife it was among the least expensive knives we tested and we appreciated that it comes with a 60-day home trial so you can try it out risk-free if you decide to keep it it comes with a lifetime guarantee
- A Kitchen Staple: The Misen Chefs Knife is the definition of versatility. Perfectly balanced and ultra sharp — this tool will quickly become your new go-to. Replace that old, dull knife-set with one quality blade you'll actually use.
- Premium Steel: The cooking knife is crafted from AICHI AUS-10 steel which offers a superior balance between long lasting sharpness and durability with 2x the carbon content of some other “premium” knives.
- Best of Both Worlds: Misen chef's knives combine the best features of both Western and Japanese style blades — making them excel at any cutting task or technique. Slicing, chopping, dicing, all made effortless.
- Unique Design: A distinctive sloped bolster shape encourages a proper and safer "pinch grip” for better comfort and control. The 8 inch Chef Knife also features a more acute 15 degree angle for a noticeably sharper cutting face.
- Unmatched Value: We could charge more for our kitchen knives, but that would be wrong. We believe in using the best materials possible and selling directly to you at a fair and honest price.
number 11 powden pro 8 inch at first glance the powden chef’s knife is a beautiful knife with a light colored pakka wood handle and a faux damascus finish on the blade this knife prioritizes aesthetics while it scored high marks in the looks department it was a fairly low scorer in actual performance the knife is decently heavy and has a fairly nice hand feel when you first pick it up but during actual use it felt off there is a pronounced edge where the blade meets the handle and when our testers would choke up on the knife while chopping they found that it created a hot spot at the base of their index fingers while it certainly wasn’t dull the factory edge on this blade was the least sharp and felt like one of the thicker blades we tested this knife is ideal for someone looking for an affordable knife that prioritizes aesthetics
- 【Professional Chef's Knife】: This kitchen knife is suitable for cutting bread, vegetables, fillets or meats. This sharp knife is also suitable for home and professional use. Cutting like a master chef will bring you more joy in the kitchen!
- 【Multi-Functional Chef Knife】: This 8 inch chef knife can easily handle your daily kitchen tasks of chopping, slicing, mincing and dicing fruits, vegetables and several meat varieties including fish, chicken and beef. It truly is the all-around cooking knife!
- 【Ultra Sharp Knife】: Sharpness is the most important feature for a meat knife and we reached the great results in providing the best sharpness of our knives on the market. The thickness of this kitchen knife is 2mm, which is ideal to do the job, and do the job well. Hand polished by craftsman with decades of experience to ensure long-lasting sharpness.
- 【Ergonomically Wood Handle】: The blade of this chef knife is integrated with a soft and comfortable handle, creating the perfect grip. The ergonomic shape enables the right balance between the handle and the thin blade, ensuring ease of movement.
- 【Best Design】: The special waved pattern blade is particularly and strikingly (5Cr15Mov stainless steel kitchen knives, not real Damascus). We offer 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK policy. PAUDIN knife provides a lifetime against defects in material and workmanship.
number 10 victorinox fibrox pro sentoku inch if you’re unsure if santoka style knives are for you this victorinox santoku is a great way to try one of these knives without a big financial commitment it was an excellent slicer with a thin and sharp blade and a good knife to learn sentoku style knife work with all in all this chef knife performed decently well in most metrics but had the worst hand feel of any of the knives we tried the lightweight plastic handle simply feels cheap if you’re on a tight budget or just want a knife that you can toss in with your car camping gear and forget about this is a decent little knife it’s just not of the same quality as the others on our list
- VERSATILE KITCHEN ESSENTIAL. Slicing, dicing, mincing -- this knife can do it all. This Santoku knife's combines the features of a cleaver and a chef's knife with a unique shape that allows it to be used as a spatula to scoop up whatever you are chopping.
- GRANTON EDGE. Featuring a Granton edge that prevents food from sticking to the blade and minimizes friction. The flat cutting edge doesn't rock, creating a highly efficient chopping motion and is ground in two directions to create long-lasting sharpness.
- EASY HANDLING. This knife features an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle for a non-slip grip -- even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling and comfort.
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS. Stainless steel blade -- 7" in length. Meets the strict National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) standards for public health protection.
- TRUSTED SWISS QUALITY. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy. Handle material - Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE)
number nine global g48 sentoku 7-inch the global sentoku has a little bit of everything and is a great all-purpose knife for smaller-handed cooks who don’t want an 8-inch blade or a long handle with a slight rocker forged from a single piece of stainless steel this knife comes with a razor-sharp factory edge this knife received high marks in slicing dicing mincing and all the other delicate work we asked of it given its short length and lightweight it wasn’t the best at cutting through large squashes it is a worthy addition to any kitchen whether it is the only knife in your drawer or just part of your quiver that you break out for technical knife work
- All-purpose 7-inch hollow-ground Santoku knife for chopping, dicing, and slicing
- Blade made of high-tech molybdenum/vanadium Stainless steel
- Face-ground with long taper so edge remains sharp longer
- Stainless-steel handle molded for Comfort and dimpled for safe grip
- Measures approximately 11 by 3 inches; wash by hand; Lifetime
number eight wusthof classic eight inch the wusthof chef’s knife is everything you would expect from a classic german blade it’s heavy has a substantial rocker a thick heel and a sharp blade this knife is best suited for heavy duty chopping and prep work the extra weight and thickness of the blade are great for separating chicken bones and cutting through thick skinned veggies like tough squashes if you need a knife that can slash through an endless pile of vegetables look no further for the same reasons that it’s such a great workhorse it’s not the most agile blade while not bad at chiffonades or julienning it didn’t perform as well as knives with thinner and lighter blades if you are a fan of euro style chef’s knives you’ll feel right at home with the comforting weight of this blade in your hand
- KITCHEN WORKHORSE – The WÜSTHOF 8” Classic Chef’s Knife is essential for preparing any meal. This all-purpose cook’s knife can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing
- WÜSTHOF CLASSIC SERIES – The full Tang, Triple Riveted handles of the classic line offer the widest range of cutlery that can satisfy every home cook or professional chef. The WÜSTHOF classic series has been our best-selling series for generations
- CHEF’S KNIFE – Features an 8” long blade, 4.5” long handle and weighs 8.5 ounce Full Bolster and Finger Guard, German Made Cook’s Knife. Ergonomic handle design made from a long-lasting synthetic material to resist fading and discoloration
- PRECISION FORGED – The 8” Chef’s Knife is forged from a single block of high carbon stainless steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models
- ENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF’s cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
number seven tojiro dp due to 8.2 inch the toe gyro dp is a judo knife which is the japanese equivalent of the european style chef knife the most noticeable difference is the smaller rocker and thinner blade than those found on european knives the thinness of the blade makes it excel at dicing slicing mincing and any of the more delicate prep work you find yourself doing while not ideal for breaking through bones it works well as a deboner if you’re looking to slice through tough squashes and separate chicken bones go with a european model instead if you require a highly agile knife that can speed through most prep work then this chef knife is for you